Sunday, November 15, 2009

My First Show



As I mentioned in my previous post, I was preparing for my first craft show last Tuesday for a local woman's club's annual fundraiser event. I was so nervous & anxious for it, but I'm so glad I had the opportunity. The show turned out great - I learned so much, met some great people, and was one of the top sellers! I was certain that we were going to forget something, but we were actually well prepared! I know there's a few more things I need to get (ie, a BANNER!), but I did get lots of compliments on my table setup.



I was able to borrow a 1/2 mannequin from my day job to display how the shirts fit, and that was a HUGE help. I will definitely be investing in one of my own now. I tried to maximize the table space by using trays & cake stands to creatively display the shirts & notecards. I had some of my freelance designs on display as well, as well as an email sign up list & of course my business cards. Prices were displayed on the table as well as on some handmade tags I made for the shirts (that came out sooo cute, by the way!) Besides the sales, I made some great contacts, including a lady that runs a local gift shop that was interested in carrying my stuff!



Some of the surprises from the show were that the notecards weren't as big of a seller as I expected them to be. They really are my favorite item, and lots of people thought they were really cute, but I just couldn't make the sale on them! If you have any feedback on this, let me know, because it was kind of driving me crazy!! If there's something I need to adjust about them to make them more appealing, I would definitely like to know! Another surprise was that my new floral design was actually the biggest seller! I thought for sure the fleur de lis would be the big seller with the shirts, but they showed me! Everyone went nuts for the floral shirts!

So all in all, the show went well & I am so eager to do another one soon! I've been keeping my eyes open for opportunities and in the meantime I will be fine tuning my display and stocking up on my inventory!

In related news, I started a Facebook page for Lady Fleur and added lots more pictures from the show, so go check it out and add me! :) I also created a Twitter account that I'll be updating regularly with news & special promos, so I hope you'll follow me there as well! I'm excited about what's to come for Lady Fleur Designs, so thanks for all of your support!!

6 comments:

  1. Great job!! Congrats on your first craft show! Your table looked great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!! By the way, I ordered a banner from VistaPrint yesterday - thanks for the suggestion! :) Can't wait for it to come in!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did my first arts market a couple of months ago and boy, was I nervous! It's definetly scary.

    Congratulations on your show (and your sales!)- your work is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Sara! It was definitely scary, but I'm so glad I did it. Now that I got my feet wet, I'm ready to do more!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the sales. Glad you had a good show, but with fleur de lis... how can you go wrong Ü

    I am your newest follower ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails