Monday, February 9, 2009

Welcome to Lady Fleur Designs!

I must confess, I'm totally new to this whole blogging phenomenon, so bear with me through these first couple of awkward posts - I promise they will get better! :)

My name is Cristina, and Lady Fleur Designs is my developing brand for stationery, apparel, gifts and general design services. I am a graphic designer from the beautiful city of New Orleans, LA. I graduated from Louisiana State University about a year and a half ago and I am still living in Baton Rouge. It's really a great place to be as a young adult - it seems to be constantly growing and developing. I'm very excited to be here to experience all the positive changes and additions to the city while still being close to home (New Orleans is just an hour away). It's like I'm growing along with the city! That's pretty much what I have laid out for this blog - I want to share with you what it means to be a young designer in an up-and-coming city. I have to admit, it's tough at times! Sometimes it feels like a lot of people just don't appreciate design. It's hard to find a job that pays the bills (I saw a listing on CraigsList the other day for a full-time graphic design position that paid minimum wage!! I know of fast food restaurants that pay better than that!), and at the same time allows you the creative freedom to grow as a designer. As for me, I know a traditional 9-5 cubicle job is just not my thing. I have a great job right now as an Art Director at a small silk screen shop in town. It's a lot of fun, and it doesn't leave me so drained at the end of the day that I can't focus on my side projects like Lady Fleur, so I am really blessed in that aspect. I really love what I'm working on right now with Lady Fleur and hope I can expand it to what I want it to be. Starting your own business is a scary venture - I feel very green right now, like there's so much I have to learn. Hopefully, this will also help me meet others like me, who have been through this process, or are currently going through it. Feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an e-mail if that's you!

Anyway, I feel like I'm rambling... I wanted to leave you with a little inspiration I received in my inbox this morning from BCBGMaxAzria for their Valentine jewelry line. Clean, simple designs with sweet sayings - I am so lusting over the charm necklace right now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails