Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Etsy-ing

I finally set up my Etsy storefront last week and am sooo excited about it! I am eager for my first sale, but am having fun figuring out how to promote it and make it better in the meantime. After all, my degree is in Advertising, so that side of this venture is just as fun to me! So far, I have spread the word on here, Twitter, Facebook, and by emailing friends and family.

I have also been trying to get more involved in the Etsy community by venturing into the forums. Wow - this might be a new addiction! It's so much fun to go through and read what everyone has to say. I've gotten lots of great advice and have found lots of cool sellers that I may never have known about if I hadn't been reading the forums.

I have figured out that I need to add more items to my shop to give customers more options. I am steadily working on that and hope to add more merchandise in the next week. I also got some great advice to try buying a few things so I can build some feedback and people would be more likely to see me as a trusted seller. So my homework is to do some Etsy shopping!

I also want to invest in a good printer for my stationery. I have been looking at the Epson Artisan series. Any reviews of this or other suggestions? I'd love to hear other stationery designers' opinions on this. I've heard that InkJet can smear, and that these printers go through ink like crazy, but LazerJet is sooo expensive! Of course, I want to create a quality product, but the LazerJet expense is too much for me at the moment. How do you print your stationery? At home on an InkJet or LaserJet, or do you send it off? I'd love to know!

Good luck fellow Etsy-ers and I'll be updating you on my progress soon!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on setting up your Etsy shop! Wishing you best of sales....

    KeriAnne
    www.craftedbydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks KeriAnne! Best of luck to you also.

    Cristina

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails